August 28, 2010
Snapper For Dinner
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
1 1/2 cup mandarin orange sections, chopped in half
1/4 cup diced red onion
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
3 tbsp fresh lime juice, divided
2 (6-oz.) snapper fillets
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300-350 degrees).
2. Saute the onions in a small fry pan with olive oil.
3. In a small bowl combine oranges, onion, parsley and 1 tablespoon of the lime juice. Set aside.
4. Season the fillets with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with oil and remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Place fillets on grill.
5. Grill 4 to 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork (145 degrees).
6. Spoon orange-olive mixture over fillets and serve.