Well, I feel myself turning a corner. The more I learn about animal cruelty, depletion of the earth and ecosystems by chemicals the stronger I feel towards enlightening others of a lifestyle my body has benefited from. I will not launch into a rant or describe the horrifying, concentration camp style situations we put animals in...or the pounds....even tons of chemicals we put on and into our bodies. I will say, please be mindful of your actions. They have consequences on your body, OUR planet, OUR ecosystem and OUR animals.
I hope the steps I've made to better my life for myself and my family will prove to be inspiring:
- adopted/rescued both our animals, Beauie (cat) and Westby (dog)
- reduced the amount of chemicals we put into the earth by switching to 100% plant based (not animal or chemical based) household cleaners...this includes dish detergent, laundry detergent, air fresheners, surface cleaners, etc.
- reduced the amount of chemical we put into and on our bodies by switching to more natural, organic and cruelty free personal hygiene products (shampoo, soaps, lotions, etc.)
- never used any chemicals in our garden, instead adopting natural remedies(YouBetYourGarden.com and Organic Gardening Magazine have been great resources)
- evolved from a meat eating diet (birth to teenage years) to a vegetarian diet and recently (within the past few months) adopted a 100% vegan diet in order to not support cruelty to animals and the industrial methods of producing animal based foods.
- Pledged to never support animal cruelty by avoiding zoos and the circus...I'm sure our future children will understand.
Here are a few great websites I find to be magnificent!