November 8, 2010

Yummy Apple Compote

My husband bought a cheesecake to benefit a children's sports team of a nearby city. I am normally not a fan of cheesecake but today I was craving it and I thought, "It definitely needs a topping". In keeping with the season I thought a warm apple compote would compliment a chilled cheesecake perfectly. Below is my recipe for warm apple compote. In the words of my husband, it's divine!



2 apples, cored and peeled
1/8 cup white sugar
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/2 of a lemon, juice squeezed
5 dashes of cinnamon

First, peel two apples. I bought this magnificent little tool that cuts an apple into sections in one push. You can buy them at any kitchen supply store. I bought mine at Bed Bath and Beyond. Once you cut the apple into 8 wedges, cut each wedge in half lengthwise and then in half again widthwise.



Place your peeled and sectioned apples in a small pot. Sprinkle the juice of 1/2 a lemon, sugar and cinnamon over the apples. Cook the apples covered on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment