January 18, 2010

New ideas from weekend inspirations!

This weekend proved to be a great source of inspiration. I spent one evening hanging out with one of my dearest friends and my fiance. We went to Philadelphia and discovered that Pearl (an art supply store) is closing! Everything in the store was 50% off. However, by time we got there most of it was picked over. I did buy a set of colored pencils and a frame for paper making. If anyone is interested in digging through the looted store I suggest you go now! I think they are officially closed on January 21. Their website is www.pearlpaint.com (for some reason links are not working) They are a chain store so the website is still in tact.

After our Philly adventures we hit Deptford. I found this great book on nursery knits. This book has great patterns! One of the patterns, a bird mobile made of knitted birds with irregular shaped patches of patterned fabric, sparked a great idea for knitted bags. I designed knitted cotton bags with patchwork fabric birds and lining that matches the patchwork. As soon as they are finished and images are available I will share on the blog! I am very excited about them! Most likely, they will be for sale in my Etsy shop (when it gets established).

No comments:

Post a Comment