January 12, 2010

Sketch of the Day!

I began drawing contour images of ballerinas in 2008 and then stopped, but began again today. I love the image of dancers. They have such grace and movement and have a wonderful ability to activate a static page.

The inspiration for my ballerinas is the French painter Edgar Degas (1834-1917). His work is classified as Impressionist, although he refused the label and opted instead to be called a realist.

The posting of this sketch is the beginning of many. One day I might have a sidebar section that shows one of the sketches I did that day. Until then, I will post the sketch of the day at the end of posts. Just a note: I may not have one that I like enough to post everyday.

I've been searching for the perfect sketchbook for some time. I finally found one that I like. The "perfect" book is very hard to find and I am not sure if it even exists. The brand name is Hand Book. They have a canvas covered hard cover that makes them durable and yet nice to curl up with on the couch to sketch. I highly recommend them!

Today I added a left sidebar icon that links to my Ravelry profile! For those who are not familiar with Ravelry- it is an online community of knitters and crocheters.

Edit (1.13.10) : I decided to add a sidebar section titled "Sketch of the Week" as the solution to my "sketch of the day" hesitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment