January 24, 2010

Sketch of the Week! (Jan. 24)

This weekend I've been thinking about birds. We have adorable little birds that visit our back porch in search of food. I have yet to put up bird houses, feeders, and baths. This spring the entire yard is going to go through a makeover.

I am excited to design my own hand made bird houses. I have a little bit of experience with wood working. I plan to use existing construction designs and sketch images of birds and flowers on the outside and use my wood burner to imprint the images. Once the outlines are burned in, I will use wood stain and some sort of sealant.



I made some progress with the blog give away item this weekend. I hope to complete it by the end of next weekend! Stay tuned for the post with the contest instructions!

No comments:

Post a Comment